Although urban lofts are big on style, they are usually small on space. Luckily, it is relatively easy to maximize your loft’s space so that you can live clutter-free and comfortable while enjoying the gorgeous views and luxury amenities that urban lofts offer.
Here are a few tips on how to maximize space in your loft:
1. Eliminate excess clutter by going through your possessions and asking yourself if you absolutely love it or if you have used it in the past year. If the answer to either is no, then get rid of it.
2. Make use of double-duty furnishings, or furniture that has multiple uses such as sleeper sofas and storage ottomans.
3. Use ceiling lamps instead of table or floor lamps. Not only will this help you maximize valuable floor space but it will draw attention to the impressive vertical space of your loft and accentuate the open ceilings.
4. Use wall mounted shelving instead of book cases. Also, be sure to start your shelving as high as possible so you can utilize the space below it for furniture or additional storage options. Remember that urban lofts are best known for their vertical space, so be sure to make use of it.
5. If your loft comes with a balcony, then use it! Even if it’s small, a decorative bench with built-in storage space will allow you clear up your loft while maximizing usable space.
Urban lofts are attractive, stylish, and convenient, and with the right furniture and smart storage, they can be as functional as they are beautiful. For more tips on urban loft living, contact the courteous and friendly staff here at CanalSide Lofts by dialing (972) 574-7888. We offer gorgeous one & two bedroom lofts in the beautiful neighborhood of Las Colinas. Contact us today to learn more about our floor plans and amenities.